- Mutton Dalcha
- Lettuce Soup
- Masala Ras Chawal with Mutton
- Tom yum goong soup
- Spicy Sticky Chicken
- Tryst with a Croissant
I love red meat. Love it’s own deep flavour which I find missing in chicken. I had ordered meat online and butterfingers led to 2 orders instead of 1. So, I had quarter a kilo of mutton (lamb) sitting in my freezer for a week which needed to be cooked now!! So, a Sunday morning saw me sifting through my collection of recipes looking for something interesting and more importantly, doable. I didn’t want to get out to buy the ingredients. So, here is my recipe for Mutton Dalcha.
Chana Dal 300 gms
Lamb (diced) 250 gms
Ginger (finely chopped) 1 inch
Garlic cloves (finely chopped) 6
Green chillies (chopped) 2
Cinnamon (powdered) 1 inch stick
Cardamom powder 2 tsps
Onions (finely chopped and fried crisp) 2
Onion (finely chopped) 1
Lime juice 1 whole lime
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Groundnut/Olive oil 3 tbsp
Salt To taste
- Wash and soak the dal for 30 mins.
- Add a pinch of turmeric, pressure cook it.
- Mash once cool and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the chopped onions, fry till brown and then add the ginger, garlic and chillies, followed by the mutton.
- Stir till the mutton browns and oil separates.
- Add remaining turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water just enough to cover the mutton and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Once cooled, add the mashed dal, fried sliced onions, cinnamon and cardamom powder, lime juice and salt.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice.
Get ready for a day of gluttony.