- Mutton Dalcha
- Lettuce Soup
- Masala Ras Chawal with Mutton
- Tom yum goong soup
- Spicy Sticky Chicken
- Tryst with a Croissant
Lettuce doesn’t always have to be used for salad. Tired of eating through a whole lettuce by myself and feeling like a goat, I decided to convert it into a soup and get done with it. Here is my, clear the fridge, eat the greens recipe.
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic (or as per your taste)
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon coriander powder
¼ tsp black pepper powder
¾ cup diced potato
8 cups chopped lettuce leaves (include the rib)
Salt to taste
3 cups of water
- Cook the chopped garlic and onion mixture in the oil till it softens and turns golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, lettuce, salt, coriander powder and pepper powder.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook it till the potatoes are done.
- Add the remaining water and let it simmer.
- Take it off the heat and blend the mixture.
- Put it back on the heat and let it simmer till it reaches the desired consistency.
- Garnish with mint/coriander leaves.
- Add some pomegranate seeds to help that acidity cut through the creaminess of the soup.